Each 250mg tablet contains
|Suddha guggulu||Commiphora mukul||140mg|
Method of preparation
The powdered herbs are mixed together with purified guggulu and then processed in a decoction of triphala- and trikatu (Bhaisajya Ratnavalı-: amavatadhikara, Sodhan reference: Bharat Bhaisajya Ratnakara)
- Rasa (taste): Pungent, astringent, sweet
- Vırya (energy): Heating
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): Pungent
- Guna (quality): Dry, light
- Dosa effect: VK−, P+
- Dhatu (tissue): Plasma, blood, muscles, bone, nerve
- Srotas (channel): Circulatory, female reproductive
- Amavatanasaka Destroys arthritis
- Vatasodhana Clears vata from the body
- Lekhanıya Scrapes toxins from the body
Circulation stimulant, antiarthritic, alterative, antiinflammatory, antispasmodic, carminative, muscle relaxant
Arthritis Yogaraja guggulu is famous for its use in the dry type of arthritis with degeneration of the joints due to excess vata and deficiency of s´lesaka kapha preventing the nourishment of the synovial fluid. Symptoms such as pain, cracking, coldness, dryness, inflammation, deformation and numbness that arise in rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, lumbago, gout, fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive strain injury are all treated. The guggulu is the main part of the formula for clearing toxic accumulations in the joints and removing srotorodha. This helps the musculoskeletal system to be nourished as the pathways are cleared for essential nutrients to reach these deeper tissues.
Nerves Aggravation of the nerves due to excess use and strain can result in sciatica, spasms, neuralgia, tingling sensations, tremors and stiffness. Yogaraja guggulu helps to increase circulation and nourish the asthi and majja dhatus (bone and nerve tissue). It helps to open constricted and dry channels by nourishing and increasingmicrocirculation. Very useful for tinnitus caused by vata.
Gynaecology When the deeper tissues are stagnated by nervous contraction dysmenorrhoea can develop. Yogaraja guggulu directly eliminates these obstructions and relaxes the muscles to give a pain-free menstrual cycle.
- Punarnavadi guggulu for kapha-type arthritis.
- Kaisor guggulu for pitta-type arthritis.
- Pusyanuga curna for dysmenorrhoea.
500mg–1g three times per day.
- Guggulu is the leading herb and combines with triphala, chitraka and vidanga to clear vata toxinsfrom the joints and muscles.
- Karchur, hapusha, devadaru and twak all encourage circulation to the joints.
- Shatapushpa, dhanyaka, jirak, talispatra, ela, ajmoda and ajwain all act as antispasmodics to reduce vata. With saindav they all help to digestthe formula and treat the root cause of the problem.
- Maricha, shunthi, lavanga, citraha, pippali and pippalimool all warm the coldness in the joints.
- Ashwagandha, lohabhasma, yavkashar and shatavari all nourish the nerve, bone and muscle tissues to aid regeneration.
- Guggulu, usheer, amalaki, goksura and musta all help to clear inflammation.