Eyes are important sense organs for vision. Eyes are not only for vision they also send information of the surrounding to brain. Eyes can function well when they are healthy. Ayurveda also advocates for the protection of eyes and treatment of eye problems. If you want your eyes to be healthy, you should protect your eyes during hot days from dust, smokes and pollution.
We all know well, the world is completely dark without eyes. Eyes not only see at an object, they also calculate its length, width, dimension, beauty, motion, colour etc and send this information to the brain. Ayurveda Scholar Baghbat has clearly mentioned in the beginning of Chapter that everyone should care about his own vision otherwise they might lose their eight sight. Neither there will be sunshine nor sunset to the blind person whose life is completely dark.
According to Ayurveda, Eye disorders are described in Shalakya Tantra (ENT) and also explained separately in some texts. More than 60 types of eye problems have been mentioned. In which eyes have been proven very important for living and the treatment is therefore essential. Eyes are delicate organ so extra care should be provided anytime. Among the three vital organs Heart, lungs and head, eyes are located in front side of the head so everybody should take care of it.
Common cause of Eye problems
Diet and lifestyles are common cause of all illnesses including eyes. If you want to prevent it, please read the following carefully
- Looking bright objects very close or too far way
- Taking bath or drinking cool water immediately after exposing to heat
- Abnormal sleeping habits
- Continuous weeping
- Excessive anger
- Stress suffering pain
- Excessive coitus or excessive sexual union
- Consuming alcohols
- Excessive steaming of eyes
- Eyes exposing to smoke
- Suppressing the urge of vomiting
- Indulging ‘Vamana therapy’ excessively
- Suppressing the urge of tears
- Riding on the fast vehicles
Eye care tips
- Eyes should be always wet to function well. Dryness of eyes may cause itching and dust particle will stick in the eyes. You should increase your water intake in summer.
- You should use lubricating eye drops needful which provide comfort to the eyes.
- Use 100% UV protection sunglasses. UV rays can damage your eye lens, cornea and even retina.
- Use UV protecting spectacles.
- UV rays are high during mid day so, avoid exposure to mid day sun.
- Wash your eyes with fresh water immediately after returning from the environment to swipe dust, smokes etc.
- Wash your hands regularly which may avoid the transfer of infections to your eyes.
- Avoid eye makeup if you are allergic to it.
- Don’t stress your eyes in dim light and don’t gaze at anything unnessary.
- Be sure not applying sunblock too near to the eyes.
- If problems like redness, itching or watering of the eyes persist then consult an eye specialist immediately.
- Regular use of Ayurvedic Corylium has been described as the best eye care remedy.
- Increase diet containing rich Vitamin A and minerals.
nice, thank you so much 😉
Our eyes are really important because it allows us to see things. Great article, thank you for sharing some eye care tips that will help us realize that even the simplest thing matters.