According to Ayurveda, the three Doshas are mainly responsible for the proper functioning of the human organism. Kheer is the best ayurvedic recipes common in the kitchen All Ayurveda recipes for Doshas use natural ingredients for preparing the food. These Ayurveda recipes for Doshas are cooked in simple style and are easily digestible. Kheer is Ayurvedic food for balancing all the three doshas separately.
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) of whole milk
- 1/3 cup (66 grams) of uncooked short grain white rice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) raisins
- Place the rice in a heavy pan and add the milk. Bring to boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the almond powder. Add more milk as desired. (coconut milk is an interesting change).
- Soak the strands of saffron in a tablespoon of milk for 10 minutes to extract its golden pigment and then add to rice pudding.
- Add cardamom and rose jam. Serve and add ghee, virgin coconut oil or honey as desired.
- You can also add grated carrots or beetroots to this recipe for a colourful and nourishing variation.
- Add two teaspoons of Shatavari and cardamom to make a cooling, antacid recipe, good for women, and an aphrodisiac.
- Serve warm or cold.
This is a very nourishing food for reducing vata and pitta, strengthening the tissues and building reproductive tissues. it is easily digestible and it increase your appetite. This is comfort food and is high in carbohydrates from the rice and sugar, calcium from the milk/cream added and if cinnamon is added – it apparently reduces cholesterol – although this is a bit contradictory with all the carbs and fat from the milk/cream.