Each 250mg pill contains:
|Suddha guggulu||Commiphora mukul||186.05mg|
|Triturated with the decoction of|
Method of preparation
All the churna are made into fine powder and mixed with suddha guggulu to make a homogeneous mixture that is triturated with triphala and guduchi. The mixture is then dried, powdered, and made into tablet form (Sangadhara Samhita, Bhaisajya Ratnavalı-:vatarakta – dhikara). Guggulu Sodhana reference: Bha rat Bhais•ajya Ratnakara
- Rasa (taste): Bitter, astringent, sweet, pungent
- Vı-rya (energy): Heating
- Vipa – ka (post-digestive effect): Pungent
- Guna (quality): Dry, light
- Dosa effect: VPK−, balances all three dosa
- Dha-tu (tissue): Plasma, blood, muscle, lipid, bone
- Srotas (channel): Circulatory, skin
- Pittasamana Pacifies pitta and inflammatory conditions
- Kustaghna Benefits skin conditions
- Amava – tanasaka Reduces arthritic inflammations
- Va-taraktaghna Alleviates gout
- Vibandhaghna Alleviates constipation
- Mu-trakr.cchraghna Treats painful urination and urinary disorders
Anti-inflammatory, diuretic, alterative, antipyretic, arthritic
Arthritis When there is inflammatory, painful, red, swollen arthritis, this is the remedy of choice. May benefit certain types of sciatica and muscle inflammation as well; tendonitis, polymyalgia.
Gout For all types of vata rakta (gout) kai´sor guggulu is recommended. The obstructed vata that is causing the pain is freed while the aggravated blood is cooled. Uric acid is also excreted and the crystalline deposits affecting the joints are scraped out.
Skin When there are inflammatory signs with infection, heat and burning, use kai´sor guggulu to clear pitta from the skin and blood. Also use it when vata has entered the rasa and rakta dhatu. Specific for chronic eczema and psoriasis with lichenification, chronic plaques, itching and bleeding.
Lumps When a lump or growth (arbuda or granthi) is mixed with pitta and inflammatory toxins then kai´sor guggulu is indicated; certain cancers, especially breast and liver cancer, cirrhosis.
- Punarnava guggulu in kapha-type arthritis.
- Sandalwood, neem, manjishtha in skin problems with heat signs.
500mg–1g three times per day.
- Guduchi has a powerful anti-inflammatory action that penetrates deeply into the tissues.
- Guggulu scrapes the pitta and vata toxins from the plasma, blood and muscle tissues.
- Triphala, vidanga and trivrut combine to clear inflammatory toxins and ama.
- Trikat.u digests the toxins in the tissues and enkindles the tissue agni.
- Kaisor’ indicates ‘youth’, hence it is used to prevent ageing and keep youth intact.
- For the best results the ´Sarangadhara Samhita recommends that when using guggulu preparations avoid sour foods, penetrating foods, indigestion,excessive exercise, hot sun, alcohol and anger.
Leave a Comment