Eczema also called as dermatitis, is a group of skin disorders. It is also known as atopic dermatisis. Most commonly it appears on hands, wrists, arms, neck, face, upper chest and back of knees. It is not a contagious disease. It cause itching, redness, dryness and flakiness of the skin. The most common causes are Allergies, faulty body metabolism, cold and dry weather, nutrition deficiency, failure of the body to excrete the poisons. Some of best home remedies for your condition are as follows
- Coconut oil is one such natural oil that is believed to be highly effective as a remedy. Coconut oil are attributed to its various properties including a rich content of lauric acid and other fatty acids. This will help to keep the skin smooth and soft.
- Another natural remedy for eczema that is often used in eczema treatment at home would be the application of mudpacks.
- Turmeric powder can also be used in natural eczema treatments and you could make a paste with a tablespoon of the powder mixed with the same proportions of bitter neem leaves.
- The application of cold compresses is also believed to help in eczema treatment and should help provide relief to any skin irritation.
- Another useful and easily available ingredient for eczema treatment would be papaya. Mashed papaya seeds can be applied to the areas of skin that are affected to reduce the itchiness.
- The anti-inflammatory properties found in lemon and lime juice and in apple cider vinegar can also help to take away the swelling and redness.
- A sensible approach to home treatment should include isolating what triggers the flare up, eliminating direct contact with harsh soaps and cleaning liquids, and prompt treatment with one of the above home remedies for eczema as soon as you notice it appearing.
- Oatmeal has been one of the most commonly used home remedies for eczema and many other skin problems Oatmeal has unique properties that soothe and relieve the symptoms of eczema as well as keeping skin healthy to prevent eczema.
- White oak bark is rich in vitamin B12 and skin soothing minerals like zinc. It is also an excellent astringent to tone your skin and reduce inflammation.
- Slippery elm is packed full of tannins, like the cleansers found in oatmeal discussed earlier in this article. These cleaners are very powerful at removing and killing germs. Slippery elm is also great for reducing inflammation resulting from infection.
- Blueberry leaves are known to contain a very powerful compound that prevents the spread of germs. This will prevent a secondary infection from forming and will help your skin cells better repair themselves.
- Licorice extract has been proven to quickly reduce swelling and redness. It is known to relieve pain related to skin wounds and open lesions, like those from eczema.
- Home remedies for eczema may be as simple as changing your laundry detergent or as difficult as moving to a new climate or changing jobs.
- Prevent dry skin by taking warm (not hot) showers rather than baths. Use a mild soap or body cleanser. Dry yourself very carefully and apply moisturizing skin lotions all over your body.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting, rough, or scratchy clothing.
- Avoid scratching the rash. If you can’t stop yourself from scratching, cover the area with a dressing. Wear gloves at night to minimize skin damage from scratching.
- Avoid physical and mental stress. Eating right, light activity, and adequate sleep will help you stay healthy, which can help prevent flares.
- Apply a mixture of 1 teaspoon camphor and 1 teaspoon sandalwood paste on the rashes.
- Apply nutmeg paste to the affected areas.
- Zinc taken orally and applied directly on the affected skin is effective.
- Drink tomato juice daily, it will cure the symptoms in a few days.
- If you are allergic or sensitive to certain foods then try avoiding them, because they can trigger eczema. Dairy products, eggs, nuts, preservatives and citrus fruits are more likely to trigger eczema.
thanks for this site ,
Apply a mixture of 1 teaspoon camphor and 1 teaspoon sandalwood paste on the rashes, i don’t understand about this
thanks for tips it’s really good
like it thanks
kya sach mein tips se eczima aur psorysis door ho sakta hai