Premature ejaculation is a common defect in men to hold the semen even for the short time after one gets sexual excitement. This means one ejaculates the sperms shortly after getting to the sexual excitement. This problem too affects the other partner as satisfaction is only the thing that everyone desire. So this results in the unsatisfying sex life.
In Ayurveda the topic is discussed under the Vajikarantantra or Aphrodisiac. According to Ayurveda the ejaculation process is controlled by the mind and the body. The main factors for sex are Harsha (pleasure), Dhairya (control over anxiety and fear), Cyavana (optimal timed ejaculation) and Preeti (satisfaction).And also the movement is represented by Vata. So the Vata and sukra dhatu is taken into consideration for the premature ejaculation. The Kamasutra (although it is mis-presented) which is the compilation of sex, represent the sex as a classic characteristic of human, and a component of a human life. So when one is not able to have full fun on sex, he cannot complete the goal of his life. It’s because among 4 goals of life Kama (Sex) is one of them. (Other 3 are Dharma, Artha, and Mokshya).
Factors related to premature ejaculation:
Different factors are responsible for premature ejaculation. Some of them are discussed below:
- Ejaculation depends upon age. In earlier age the ejaculation is faster than in late age. Younger men tend to ejaculate even during foreplay. It also depends upon the last sexual ejaculation. Longer the time faster the ejaculation will be.
- Another factor is the state of mind. If one controls his mind, he will be in the better position to control his urge but if one gives a total concentration in the sex, has a faster ejaculation.
- There are also many medicines that have the side effect and results in premature ejaculation.
- Some other factors are: Stress, Hypertension, Hormonal disturbances, Weak musculature, Drinking alcohol, Excessive smoking, Excessive masturbation, Prostrate problems, Over eagerness and anxiety
Treatment of Premature ejaculation:
In Ayurveda, the treatment process for premature ejaculation is based on 5 properties viz. balya (strenghtening), vrishya (spermiotropic), medhya (psychotropic), vatahara (alleviates Vata) and shukrasthambaka (effective control of ejaculation).
Some of the herbs used in the treatment of premature ejaculation are listed below:
- Akarakarabhadi – It is the combination of 10 herbs, viz. Akarakarabha (root), Jatiphala (fruit), Kumkuma (anthers), Parseekayavani (seed), Khaskhas beeja (seed), Kapikacchu beeja (seed), Jatamansi (root), Yashtimadhu (root), Gokhshura (fruits) and Bhallatakaphalamajja (endocarp).This is the best combination of herbs for the treatment of premature ejaculation as the combination of these herbs gives all 5 properties required for the prevention of premature ejaculation.
- Ashwaganda (Withinia somnifera) is another Ayurvedic herb beneficial in curing premature ejaculation. It is believed that, Aswaganda is one of the most powerful aphrodisiac to the men, which can cure premature ejaculation, impotence, erectile dysfunction and weakness.
- Shilajit also helps in providing endurance in males. It is a resin that oozes out from the mountain due to heat. It is actually the decomposed plant matter. It not only helps in curing premature ejaculation but also helpful in anti-aging and rejuvenating properties.
- Mucuna pruriens (Atmagupta) is another Ayurvedic herb to increase sperm count and motility to ensure their fertility.
- Some other herbs that are useful in aphrodisiac are listed below:
a. Curculigo orchioides (Musali) – Regular use of the powder of krsna musali (talamuli) mixed with ghee acts as aphrodisiac (10-15 gms) (VV.4.8)
b. Mucuna pruriens (Atmagupta) – Wheat-flour is mixed with (the powder of) kapikacchu seeds and cooked with milk. Then it is mixed with ghee and eaten followed by intake of milk (SS.Ci.26.30)
c. Asparagus Racemosus (Satavari) – The root of Satavari is used in the form of juice, paste, decoction and powder is use as an aphrodisiac.
d. Buchanania lanzan (Priyala) – The seed kernels of the priyala made into a powder and used with milk as an aphrodisiac.
e. Emblica officinalis (Amalaki) – The fruit and seed of Amalaki is used in the form of powder and juice is used as an aphrodisiac.
f. Semecarpus anacardium (Bhallataka) – The nuts, oil and flowers of Bhallataka is used in the form of paste and oil is used as an aphrodisiac.
g. Tribulus terrestris (Goksura) – The whole plant of Goksura is used in the form decoction and powder is used as an aphrodisiac.