Guduchi is also known as ‘Amrita’ means divine nectar referring restoring drop to bring life back. Guduchi is the most important common Ayurvedic herbs. This herbs is very commonly grown in forests. its therapeutic action is for rejuvenating, detoxifying, cleansing and strengthening properties to whole system.
Common name Guduchi, Giloy (Hindi) Sanskrit Guduchi, Amrita, Cakralaksana Latin Tinospora cordifolia–Caulis (Menispermaceae family)
- Rasa (taste) Bitter, astringent, pungent
- Vırya (energy) Heating
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect) Sweet
- Guna (quality) Light, unctuous
- Dosa effect VPK=, primarily VP−
- Dhatu (tissue) Plasma, blood, muscle, fat, nerve, reproductive
- Srotas (channel) Circulatory, digestive
tinosporone, tinosporic acid, cordifolisides A to E, syringen, berberine, giloin, gilenin, crude giloininand, arabinogalactan polysaccharide, picrotene, bergenin, gilosterol, tinosporol, tinosporidine, sitosterol, cordifol, heptacosanol, octacosonal, tinosporide, columbin, chasmanthin, palmarin, palmatosides C and F, amritosides, cordioside, tinosponone, berberine, ecdysterone, makisterone A, sitosterol, magnoflorine, tembetarine, syringine, glucan polysaccharide, syringine apiosylglycoside, isocolumbin, palmatine, tetrahydropalmaitine, jatrorrhizine.
include; antioxidant, Hypoglycemic, Antitumor, Antibacterial, Antimicrobial, Diuretic, Hepatoprotective, Antipyretic.
Guduchi is best hepatoprotective. It prevents liver damage, viral hepatitis and useful in regenerating liver tissue.
Guduchi is best for Vata disorders like Gout (vata rakta), arthritis (ama vata) and other inflammatory joint conditions. it is best immunomodulator, acts by clearing pitta toxins and uric acid via the urinary system that have accumulated in raktavahasrotas. Also helps in removing toxins form body.
Guduchi is best immune protective. It build up human immunity and prevents diseases such as cancer, AIDS and auto immune disorders. It is also useful to offset the ulcerative and toxic effects of chemoradiotherapy.
Giloya is best for any inflammatory skin disease like eczema, psoriasis, etc. It is used in pitta condition to enhance immunity /Ojus. It is cooling and soothing nature and can be mixed with pitta balancing medicines.
Guduchi helps in protecting our digestive system as well and prevent gastritis, constipation, intestinal bleeding, piles and dysentery. It is useful in balancing symptoms like bloating, flatulence, malabsorptions. It is bitter in test strengthen digestion and absorption.
Guduchi help in regulate metabolism like blood sugar levels. Guduchi is very calming to vata and the nervous system via its unctuous nature, soothing nervous irritation.
Guduchi helps in balancing the pitta and clears the heat when sexual dysfunction caused by over heat. it is often mixed with the formulas for male in sexual problem caused by pitta. It is good nourishing for sukra dhatus applicable to both male and female.
Rasayana – It is excellent rasayana for diseases of rasa, rakta, meda and asthivaha channels.
* Manjishtha, bhumiamalaki, pippali in hepatitis and liver degeneration.
* Guggulu, myrrh, ginger, turmeric, ashwagandha in arthritic amavata conditions.
* Kutki and chiretta in immunodeficiency.
* Coriander, neem, sandalwood in sannipata fevers involving all three dosa.
* Neem, gotu kola, manjishtha, bakuchi in inflammatory skin conditions.
* Gurmar, tumeric, amalaki, shilajit in diabetes
* Amalaki, licorice in hyperacidity and imbalanced agni in pitta types.
* Ginger and aloe vera in gout and arthritis.
* Gokshura, shatavari, kapikacchu, safed musali in male reproductive problems.
Caution during pregnancy.
Parts Used :
1–15 gm per day in a decoction or 3–15 ml per day
- Guduchi Churna
- Guduchyadi kashaya
- Guduchi swaras
- Guduchi Satwa