Each 250mg tablet contains:
|Piper longum radix
Method of preparation
All the herbs and minerals are made into fine powder and mixed with each other to make a homogeneous mixture. This is then bound with a binding agent such as acacia gum (Sharngadhara Samhita guggulu Sodhana reference: Bharat Bhaisajya Ratnakara)
- Rasa (taste): Bitter, pungent, sweet, astringent
- Vırya (energy): Heating
- Vipa ka (post-digestive effect): Pungent
- Guna (quality): Dry, light
- Dosa effect: VPK−, P+ in excess
- Dhatu (tissue): Plasma, blood, fat, reproductive
- Srotas (channel): Urinary, water, reproductive
- Mutravirecana Diuretic
- Mutrakr.cchraghna Dispels painful urination
- Asmarihara Lithagogue
- Vrsya Increases sexual potency
- Sukraดsodhana Sperm purifier
- Rasayana Rejuvenative
Diuretic, emmenagogue, lithagogue, prostatic, antidiabetic, sexual tonic, anti-inflammatory
Urine Candraprabha’s primary action is the treatment of urinary problems. It clears kapha and fluid accumulations from the ambuvahasrotas and mutravahasrotas (the water and urinary channels). This excess of fluid can cause cystitis, burning and painful urination with a cloudy colour. The albumin and sugar contents of the urine may be too high. It is a specific for kapha types of prostatitis with post-urinary dribbles, nocturia and urgency. It can benefit urinary stones and renal colic with back pains. It directly scrapes ama and sticky toxins from the channels.
Reproduction It is indicated for infertility caused by water stagnation in the water channels. This can manifest in men as spermatorrhoea, spermaturia, impotence and premature ejaculation. In women there may be the inability to conceive due to salpingitis, ovarian cysts, leucorrhoea and menstrual irregularity.
Diabetes Its significant action on the water channels, kidneys and pancreas point to its use in diabetes and hyperglycaemia, especially the late-onset type that is complicated by obesity and high cholesterol. The Sarngadhara Samhita says that it treats all 20 types of diabetes.
- Goksuradi guggulu for stones or prostate problems.
- Punarnavadi guggulu for oedema.
- Triphala guggulu for obesity and high cholesterol.
- Ashwagandha and shatavari when infertility is combined with reproductive tissue weakness.
- Kaisor guggulu in gout.
- Kacanara guggulu in cysts, endometriosis and fibroids.
Pathological kidney disease; caution in pregnancy as it has a descending action.
500mg–1g three times per day
- The primary ingredients of guggulu and shilajit scrape ama kapha toxins from the urinary system. Guggulu also reduces vata and shilajit nourishes all the dhatu and rejuvenates the reproductive and urinary systems.
- The synergy of trikat.u, triphala and the other kapha-balancing herbs focus the formula on reducing kapha. The remaining herbs have sharp, penetrating, hot and draining properties that help to dislodge kapha and reduce accumulation.
- The herbs remove water, balance agni, clear kapha and open the water passages.
- The ‘candraprabha’ ingredient is camphor, Curcuma zedoaria or Asparagus racemosus, according to different authorities.