Avipatikar is the best powder ayurvedic medicine for digestive system. The main ingredients are as
- Shunthi zingiber officinale 12.9mg
- Marich piper nigrum 12.9mg
- Pippali piper longum 12.9mg
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula 12.9mg
- Bibhitaki Terminalia belerica 12.9mg
- Amalaki Emblica officinalis 12.9mg
- Musa Cyperus rotundus 12.9mg
- Bida Sodi chloridum 12.9mg
- Vidanga Embelia ribes 12.9mg
- Ela Elettaria cardamomum 12.9mg
- Tamalpatra Cinnamomum tamala 12.9mg
- Lavanga Syzygium aromaticum 143mg
- Trivut Operculina turpethum 286mg
- Sharkara Saccharum officinalis 429mg
Methods of Preparation
All the herbs are made into fine powder and mixed together to make a homogeneous mixture.
Rasa (taste) Bitter, pungent, astringent
Virya (energy) Cooling
Vipaka (post digestive effect) Sweet
Guna (quality) Light, dry’
Dosa (effect) Pitta-Vata
Dhatu (tissue) Plasma, blood , muscle
Srotas (channel) Digestive, excretory
Dipana Enkindles the digestive fire
Pittasamana Pacifies pitta
Pittasodhana Clears pitta from the body
Amlapittanasaka Clears acidity
Virechana Laxative for pitta
Anulomana Redirects rebellious vata downwards
Carminative, antacid, laxative, cholagogue, antiemetic, neuralgic
Gastrointestinal tract Avipatikar churna is a useful laxative for pitta aggravation with heat, thirst and constipation. It mildly purges the bowel carrying inflammatory acid toxins out of the intestines. In signs of nausea, hiccups, belching and vomiting, pachaka pitta is being pushed upwards. Avipatikara ability to direct apana vata downwards alleviate such discomfort. It directly treats the cause of pitta digestive problems by balancing the digestive fire.
Acidity It is specific remedy for reducing acid and burning in the stomach and chest region. It pacifies tiksnagni or a digestive system that is too intensely active. It is the guiding formula for signs of acid regurgitation, a sour taste in the mouth, undigested food, thirst and other bilious symptoms.
Headaches pain behind the eyes, at the side of the head, on the temples and in the forehead are signs of pitta aggravation due to disturbance of the digestive fire. Avipatitikara churna flushes this downwards.
- Aloe vera juice as acarrier to soothe the mucus membranes
- Licorice and satavara for ulcers
- Kaishor guggul for inflammation caused by pitta leaving its site in the small instestine and causing hot swellings.
Contraindications : Pregnancy
Dosage : 2-5gm three times per day
- Trikatu enkindles agni
- Triphala cleans the intestines and clears acids
- Musta reduce pitta
- Vidanga clears pitta and is a mild laxatives use rhubarb root instead if vidanga cannot be used
- Ela and tamalpatra reduce acidity. Use funnel instead of tamalapatra if it is unavailable
- Lavanga increases the digestive fire without aggravating pitta
- Trivut is the main herb in this formula and purges the bowel. Sugar is cooling and clear acid. Take with warm water to prevent griping from aggravated vata.