Snehana is recommended in child soon after birth (Su.Sha 10/42)
- According to Acharya Kashyapa conditional swedana is recommended for krish (thin) and medium strength child (ka.Su. 23/8)
- Hasta Sweda is recommended upt to 4 month of age.
- After birth as per time, disease and physic there are 8 types of Swedana recommended as follows:
- Hasta sweda pradeha Nadi Sweda, Prastara sweda, Sankar sweda, Upanaha sweda, Awagaha parisheka
Vamana is contraindicated in <6yr of age.
Dose of vamaniyakasaya are 3 types:
- Utakristamatra : 4 Angali
- Mdhyamatra : 3 Angali
- Hina Matra : 2 Angali
In children generally Mridu virechana are recommended.
Generally there are 2.3 and 4 vega in samyaka Virechana.
Dose of Virechaniyakasya
- Utakrista Matra : 2 Angali
- Madhya Matra : 1.4 Angali
- Hina Matra : 1 Angali
There are 3 types of vasti as follows:
- Asthapana Vasti (Niruha)
- Anuvasana vasti ( Sneha)
- Utara vasti (Uterine and urinary)
There are some controversies between Acharyas
- Gargya : Just after birth
- Mather : After 1 month
- Atreya : After 4 month
- Parasar : Ater 3 year
- Bhel : on 6th year
- Kashyapa : Annada
Nasya is not recommended in child <7yrs of age
Source: Journal of Ayurveda Doctor association of Nepal, 2068, Dr Shiv Mangal Prasad