Each 250mg tablet contains:
|Suddha guggulu||Commiphora mukul||83.329mg|
Method of preparation
Purified guggulu is added to the filtered decoction of gokshura. The remaining powders are mixed with this decoction to make a homogeneous mixture. The mixture is then dried, powdered and made into a tablet (Sarngadhara Samhita , Guggulu Sodhana reference: Bharat Bhaisajya Ratnakara).
- Rasa (taste): Bitter, sweet, astringent, pungent
- Vırya (energy): Neutral
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): Neutral
- Guna (quality): Dry
- Dosa effect: VPK=
- Dhatu (tissue): Plasma, blood, muscle, fat, bone, nerve, reproductive
- Srotas (channel): Urinary, water
- Lekhana Scrapes toxins
- Sodhana Purifies the blood
- Mutrala Diuretic
- Vrkkaasmarıhara Treats renal calculi
- Vrsya Increases sexual potency
- Prameha Antidiabetic
- Vatavyadhı- Alleviates neurological disorders
- Sveta pradara Treats leucorrhoea
- Mutrakrccraghna Alleviates painful urination
- Vatarakta Antigout
Diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, lithagogue, aphrodisiac
Urine A traditional tonic for the genitourinary tract. Indicated in infections; cystitis, nephritis, incontinence with burning, frequency, cloudy urine, albuminaria, bleeding, excessive or obstructed urination with high vata–pitta. Used to prevent and reduce stones caused by kapha.
Reproductive Specific application in male sexual dysfunction; premature ejaculation, nocturnal emissions, spermatorrhoea. Used for prostatitis and benign prostatic hypertrophy. Also used in female disorders such as leucorrhoea, endometriosis and infertility. It is a superb rejuvenative for the reproductive system when there is any weakness due to obstruction in the reproductive (sukravahasrotas) or urinary (mutravahasrotas) channels.
Back Lower back problems, lumbago and kidney infections with high vata.
- Shilajit in sexual dysfunction.
- Punarnavadi guggulu in bladder and kidney stones.
- Sandalwood and coriander in enlarged prostate.
500mg–1g three times per day.
- Gokshura guides the other herbs to the genitourinary system and is a renowned strengthening, lithotropic and sperm-purifying herb that alleviates urinary disorders.
- Guggulu acts as a cleaning resin that purifies all accumulations of ama.
- Triphala clears ama and detoxifies the bladder and kidneys via the mutravahasrotas (urinary channels).
- Trikatu enkindles agni in all the tissues.
- Mustaka specifically moves in mutravaha, artavavaha and s´ukravahasrotas and therefore supports gokshura in guiding the formula downwards
- It calms an overactive vata and tonifies the depletion this causes.
- It soothes an inflammed pitta and heals the membranes that this damages.
- It reduces the adhesions and accumulations of kapha by scraping them away and clearing downwards.
- Drink with musta decoction or coriander seed cold water infusion