Eladi Churna is an effective and important Ayurvedic powder medicine. Eladi Churna comprises mainly of herbal mixtures. Mainly Eladi Choornam is used in the treatment of digestive problem with kapha imbalance. Eladi Churna is also known as Eladi choornam, Eladi Choorna, Eladi Chooran etc.Many Ayurvedic textual reference of Eladi Churna is available. Ayurveda reference of Vaisajya ratnavali, Sahasrayogam are available about its composition.
एलात्वक् नागकुसुम तीक्ष्णकृष्ण महौषधम् ।
भागवृद्धं क्रमाच्चूर्ण निहन्ति समशर्करम् ।
प्रसेकारुचि पार्श्वार्ति छर्दि कण्ठामयापहम् ॥ सहस्रयोग
|Pi ppali||Piper longum|
|Lava ii||Syzygium aromaticum|
All of this herbs are used in the gradually increasing proportion.
- It is best Carminative and antiemetic.
Indicated in vomiting, Puffed rice powder promptly rectifies the signs of dehydration Eladi churna can be safely used in vomiting during pregnancy
- Eladi Churna is traditionally is used in Ayuveda to treat kapha (mucus) conditions including vomiting (chardi), indigestion and anorexia, cough (kasa), dyspnea and asthma (svasa).
- lepas like eladi gana churna helps skin oiliness of face, open pore, acne,scars,redness,
- 3 to 6 gms with honey or sugar
- Diabetic people may take it along with water.
- Eladi Choornam is advised after food.
Effect on Doshas – Eladi Choorna Balances Kapha and Vata at the level of oral cavity, stomach and intestines. It May cause increase of Pitta.
Eladi Choornam side effects
- People with gastritis and peptic ulcer may feel burning sensation in stomach and increased gastric irritation.
- Care should be taken in chlidren and pregnant women.
- This should only be taken after prescription by Ayurvedic specialist.