- Rub the scalp vigorously after washing the hair. It increases the blood circulation, and activates the sebaceous glands.
- A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is good to drink to induce hair growth. The juice of alfalfa mixed with that of carrot, and lettuce juice is also good to take.
- Daily application of coconut oil mixed with lime- juice on the hair is also beneficial. Applying juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also good.
- Washing the hair with a paste of cooked Uraddal (black beans) and fenugreek (methi) 2-3 times a week.
- A paste of licorice made by grinding it in milk can be applied in the bald patches. It induces hair growth. A paste of seeds of lemon and black pepper may also be applied on the bald patches.
- Use Amla (embilica officinalis), Shikakai (Acacia concinna) for washing the hair.
- Enhance oiling and massaging of scalp.
- Use coconut oil or mustard oil at least three times in a week.
- Use medicated oils on the scalp and massage gently in the roots of the hair.
- The diet should contain more green leafy vegetables, salads, milk, fruits and sprouts. Take more proteins, milk, buttermilk, yeast, wheat germ, soybean and vitamin A.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Itchy scalp
Filed in: Beauty Tips