The term “Frigidity” is generally used to describe a long term lack of sexual drive and response. It affect both sexes but it is more usually applied to women. According to Ayurveda Kapha dosha is responsible for sexual disorders such as frigidity. Treatment may involve both internal and external therapies. Ayurvedic remedies are aimed at first restoring the normal health of the body by purification of the body to eliminate the accumulated toxins,
- Anxiety is the main cause to turn off when it come to sexual performance.
- Conflict within relationship is another main cause. If couple has arguments and one partner is resentful of the other, it can lead to problem in bed.
- If one is tired or worried about other things in life, it can affect libido.
- Some of the health problem like multiple sclerosis, vaginitis, cystitis and diabetic condition
Sign and symptoms
- Sexual drives may varies and fluctuate for all types of reasons
- A serious lack of sexual interest while making love and cannot enjoy the sexual activities of the partner.
Extensive descriptions and treatment methods are described in a special chapter on Female infertility named as Stri Roga in Ashtanga Hrudaya. Ayurvedic texts Charak Samhita, Sarnghadhara Samhita and Ashtang Sangraha. Blindly trying to do better in bed is less useful than improving the basic relationship. So talk with your partner about all your problems, hopes and fears, and try to solve them together. Still if one finds it hard to communicate, it is better to consult a doctor and trained councellor. Sodhana is a purification therapy that is followed by Samana a pacification therapy.
Vajikarana is one of the eight branches of Ayurveda Treatment. Ayurveda has specific drugs for sexual disorders. Herbal medicines are prescribed according to the patient’s requirement based on many different factors such physical, emotional and environmental. Herbal treatments and spiritual advice may also be prescribed to strengthen the mind and heal the disturbances at a mental level. These all ayurveda for sexual health can be used for reducing the frigidity problem and enhance the sexual health. However, people must consult with the doctor before going for any type of medicines.
- Aswagandha leham is the best medicine in this condition. It is good anti stressor, nervine and sexual tonic. Teaspoonful of semisolid medicine taking with the milk twice a day gives good effect.
- Shatavari, ashwagandha and kuchala are other herbal cures for frigidity in women.
- Consuming vitamin E supplement is an effective cure suggested for curing frigidity in women.
- Rasayana and vajikarana medicine should be used to cure the condition.
- zinger, gingseng, wild yam are the best home remedies for frigidity.
Do’s and Donts
A good nutritive as well as balanced diet helps good results in frigidity.
Taking daily warm milk at bed time is good enough
Diet and Lifestyle Advice
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, tea, coffee, and packaged or processed foods.
- Avoid use of white flour and polished (white) rice; use whole-wheat flour and brown rice instead.
- Increase the use of spices like fennel, parsley, sage, and anise, as they are known to boost the sex drive for females.
- Increase the use of fresh fruits, fresh fruit juices, pistachios, almonds, raisins, figs, and prunes.
- Body massage with sesame oil helps to revive muscular vigor and stimulate the nerves. Chamomile oil, lavender oil, olive oil, mustard oil and castor oil are some among the common relaxant oils used for doing body massaging.